Unipro PJSC has successfully demonstrated its compliance with ISO 14001:2015 standard in the area of electric and heat power generation and heat power transmission in the course of the second audit of the Company’s certified Environmental Management System (EMS). The certificate will be valid until December 13, 2022. This is the third EMS certification period for Unipro PJSC since 2013.
The audit was conducted by an independent auditor of the “Russian Register” Certification Association accredited by international certification authorities, i.e. members of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF).
The audit involved an analysis of Berezovskaya GRES functions and Unipro PJSC Moscow representative office activities and performance in the following areas:
- Compliance with the requirements of the environmental protection legislation of the Russian Federation;
- The Company’s approach to operations based on awareness of the context (external environment);
- Assessment of environmental risks and development of programs addressing these risks;
- Management commitment, planning and scheduling, management-driven analysis, continuous improvement;
- Quality of internal environmental audits and corrective actions;
- Management of claims, complaints, orders of regulatory authorities;
- Accomplishment of environmental protection goals and their relevance.
The Environmental Management System is intended to reduce negative effects of production on the environment, and ensure conservation of resources. Successful passing of the audit for compliance with international standards is perfectly aligned with Unipro PJSC’s commitment to sustainable development.