Environmental Policy Statement of Unipro
Public Joint Stock Company Unipro being one of the most effective companies of the wholesale electric power market is subject to the highest standard of environmental regulation and incurs following obligations in terms of environment protection:
- аim to achieve compliance with applicable standards of International and Russian laws, which are achievable in terms of financial and technical possibilities;
- step-by-step achievement of the impact levels on atmospheric air, water objects and soils based on the best available technologies;
- decrease water consumption and achieve protection of the water resources which are one of key production inputs for sustainable operation of all ERU sites, in alignment with the applicable requirements of Water Policy of Uniper SE;
- minimizing waste generation and maximizing recycling, and as a last resort, ensure safe disposal;
- performing preventative actions to eliminate environmental incidents;
- aim to reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities;
- adopt a life cycle approach across our value chain from materials and services procurement to power and heat generation and delivery by ensuring the integration of the environmental management system requirements into the organization’s business processes;
- continuous development of the Environmental management system established in 2009 for ecological indicators improvement.
Unipro has defined following basic principles of employee’s corporate behavior to achieve environmental compliance:
- «To work strictly in a legal field» - we exclude any relations with the interested parties, contradicting the legislation on public service and corruption counteraction.
- «To be one step ahead» - we plan actions to prevent ecological non-compliances in our current and planned activity by ensuring our employees clearly understand applicable requirements and take responsibility for their actions.
- «To be responsible for the result» - we carry out regular checks on our activities and we correct the actions for providing of efficiency of Environmental management system.
General Director Shirokov Maxim